Reaching 1000 fans is a the first major milestone that you should look to achieve with your Facebook Fan Page.
Having over 1000 fans gives you the ability to start active conversations with people in the community and as most real estate agents never achieve this milestone it sets you leaps and bounds ahead of the competition online.
Think about it, these days more and more people are using social media to research agents. What gives a better impression, someone that has 43 fans or someone with over 1000?
Yes having a lot of Facebook fans doesn’t reflect at all on how good of an agent you are, however it does give you more opportunities to generate leads online.
Here are a few tips to getting your first 1000 Facebook fans.
Fill out your profile completely
Facebook allows you to provide an incredible amount of detail and information about yourself on your Fan Page. To maximise your chances of getting fans make sure that you fill out your profile as much as you can.
There is nothing worse than coming across a page that isn’t fully filled out or doesn’t have an about section. To put it simply, people aren’t going to like your page if it isn’t filled out properly and secondly it just makes you look unprofessional.
There are 936 million daily active Facebook users sharing content so to make sure you don’t get ignored, fill out your profile as much as possible.
Information you must include:
- About section
- Profile picture and cover photo
- Phone number and/0r email address
- Create 5 updates so there is content on the page
Share Your Page
Once you have set up your page fully you need to get your first fans. The easiest way to do this is through inviting your current friends.
Invite your friends through the invite option on your page
Facebook gives you the opportunity to invite your friends to like your page in the section highlighted below.
This is a very easy way to get some early traction when starting out a new page. So make sure you take advantage of it and ask your friends to like your page.
Another great thing you can do is to post about your page on your personal wall, include a photo and ask your friends to like it.
Leverage friends of friends
Once some of your closest friends have liked the page you can make them an admin of the page. (Make sure to ask them first)
As an admin they have the opportunity to invite their friends to the page as well. This way you will be able to leverage a different circle of friends to like your page.
Using these two tactics should be enough to get the ball rolling and enough people liking the page to get the ball rolling.
Promote on other platforms
Use your other social media accounts to let people know about your new Facebook page.
Here are a few ideas to promote you page on Social Media
- Add Facebook link to Instagram description
- Tweet your Facebook link
- Invite your connections on LinkedIn
- Send an invitation to like your page to your email list
- Create a customised image with an invitation using Canva and share on Pinterest and Instagram
Place Connect links on your blog or website
You want people to be able to connect with you as easily as possible.
Adding a connect section on your website will give people visiting your website the opportunity to come across to your Facebook page and give you a like.
Here is an example of a connect section that we did for Jonzun Lee’s website
Add a Facebook Page Plugin to your website
Facebook has a huge amount of buttons and widgets that you can add to your website.
The Page plugin lets you easily embed and promote any Facebook Page on your website. Just like on Facebook, your visitors can like and share the Page without having to leave your site.
Add your new social profile to your email signature
Adding an option for people to like you on Facebook right from your email is a great way to get extra likes to your page.
Advertise Your Page
Facebook pages typically have a low organic reach which can make it hard to get traction, especially when they’re starting out.
A few Facebook advertising tips…
1. Target a specific audience. There is very little benefit in having 1000 likes on your fan page if none of them live in the same country as you.
Start by creating a custom audience and target people based on their age and postcode to begin with.
2. Don’t just boost random posts. Put a bit of thought behind which posts are going to be the most likely to get engagement and which ones aren’t. Spend you money on the best posts as these are going to be the ones that get you the most new likes in return.
3. Create an ad asking people to directly like your page. Mix this up with a combination of boosting posts and see which brings in the highest results for you.
4. Retarget the ads to people that have visited your website. People that have already had contact with you are more likely to engage with you on Facebook than those that are just seeing you for the first time.
Network with local businesses
Once you have a few hundred fans on your page you can approach local businesses and cross promote each others pages. Run competitions and giveaways and get original. You can use a modified version of this strategy to leverage local businesses networks.
- Fill out your profile completely
- Invite your friends
- Share your profile everywhere
- Network with other local pages