It’s true; the usability of a business website has ended up being an essential demand of web concept.
And yet, it is possibly one of the most misunderstood and underutilized methods of enhancing the customer base as well as developing a brand name. Although much has changed over the past couple of years in the means of user-centered concept, there are still lots of businessmen that concern an internet site as a one-time encounter which is specifically what it’s not.
In addition, web customers today are pickier, much less trustful, as well as more unwilling to find out new concepts of website. They wish to locate the info they require when they require it, with no trouble. If your website is challenging to browse, they leave. If your web design is not instinctive, they leave. If the info they’re trying to find is not made in a clear and also accessible way, they lose interest. If they have problem navigating your pages on their following browse through after a substantial time-lapse, they will certainly take their company elsewhere.
Improving the use of your site is the least expensive, most reliable way of enhancing your company website. So, without wasting your time I would recommend you to go through this article:
1. Remove extra chatter
You should remove irrelevant information forces 62% of online shoppers to give up looking for a specific product or service online. 58% increase in web usability when webmasters cut the number of words that appear on their web pages in half. Cut down the amount of words used on pages. On average, only 28% of the text is read.
2. Put info where the most eyes are
Web users spend 80% of their time looking at information above the page fold. Web users spend 69% of their time viewing the left side of page.
3. Maximize how web visitors “READ” pages
- Users scan in FPattern: Two horizontal stripes and One vertical stripe
- CTA in Shorter Vertical Stripe.
- Navigation bar in longer vertical stripe.
- Headline in Horizontal Stripe.
4. Quick Load Time
People will visit a website less often if it’s slower than a close competitor buy more than 250 milliseconds. Four out of five online users will click away if a video stalls while loading. Online shoppers expect pages to load on two seconds or fewer and at three seconds, a large share abandons the site.
5. Search Box Size:
Average search box 18 characters wide, 27% of queries were too long to fit into it.
6. Page Layout
- Optimise for a length of 1000 to 1600 pixels and width of about 770 pixels.
- Use same layout for all pages.
- Same navigational menu should appear on every webpage of your website, in the same place.
- Don’t allow your visitors to arrive at dead end web pages or orphan pages.
- Keep the number of different fonts to minimum.
- 8% of men are colour blind, for important text use other cues besides colour to draw attention.
- Use for different colours or less for text.
- Optimal width for text lines to be between 45 and 75 characters.
8. Links On Site
- The links on site should be blue because this is the common colour for links on other site.
- The colour of the link must change after clicked.
- The links should be descriptive enough that user knows where link is taking them.
- 74% of websites use different colours for visited and unvisited links.
Call us on 0409228554
Latest posts by Geoff Doyle (see all)
- 10 Dumb Mistakes Smart Business Owners Make With Their Websites. Are You Making Them? - December 8, 2017
- Adapt or Die: The Power of the Reputation Economy - January 23, 2017
- 4 Reasons to Know What Customers are Saying About Your Business - January 21, 2017