The internet has been a game changer when it comes to building and expanding a personal brand.
There are now technologies available to anyone that allow you to publish promote and engage with an audience. The tools are all readily available, should you choose to use them.
As we all know the agents with the most recognisable brands are the ones getting the most listings and selling the most houses.
6 Reasons Why You Should be Building Your Personal Brand
So there are a lot of options out there when it comes to promoting yourself and big question is where do I start? The answer is to build your online platform.
Sites like Facebook and twitter can come and go quickly so you don’t want to spend all your time and effort building a following on one of these platforms only to have the website lose traction in the marketplace. The best place to start is a blog or a website that you own. Build up a content base and then spread the word about it with your audience on the social networks like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
The benefit of promoting yourself this way is that even if Facebook does become less popular your fans will still know and be able to connect with you on your website.
If you need help starting your website or blog we are more than happy to help. Get in touch with us here
Here are 26 tips for exploding your personal brand:
- 1 Be authentic
- Launch your platform online with a blog or website
- Create content
- Define your audience
- Build an email list
- Memorable design
- Help others
- Seek out online influencers
- Join online groups
- Use keywords and phrases that people will use on Google to find you and your topic
- Learn to use Linkedin effectively
- Get to understand how media works both online and offline
- Opine – State your opinion
- Photo – create a visual brand with a great caricature or photo of “you”
- Ask questions
- Recognise people who have helped you – Shine the light on others
- Create a memorable slogan that expresses your mission and purpose
- Understand and use emotional triggers
- Develop your unique voice
- Get to understand the essence of influence. Dale Carnegie’s book “How to Win Friends and Influence People” is a good place to start.
- Examine and analyse your analytics to see what works and doesn’t
- Forget about you and remember its all about your readers and viewers
- Have zeal (also known as passion)
If you want to take full advantage of the tools available check out this article I wrote on How To Leverage Social Media For Real Estate Agents
Personal Branding Tips For Real Estate Agents